Submit your favourite recipe
Please copy and paste the form below into an email and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- First name:
- Last name:
- Date of birth:
- Email address:
- Recipe title:
- Please tell us why it's your favourite:
- Size of tin if appropriate:
- Oven temp ºC/gas:
Please list all your ingredients in the order that they are used in the step-by-step method, with each ingredient on a separate line.
Write the ingredients in the correct MFR format, i.e. 250g plain flour; 2 tsp ground cumin.
Use metric measurements only — no pounds and ounces or US cup measurements.
Be specific when listing ingredients and sizes, e.g. plain or self-raising flour, 1 x 400g can tomatoes.
Tell us what to do with an ingredient, e.g. 1 onion, chopped, 100g Cheddar, grated, 125g frozen peas, defrosted.
Please include any specialist equipment/gadgets at the end, e.g. a cake-pop maker, etc.
- Write your method in steps, not one long paragraph.
- State the oven temperature in Step 1, in Celsius and gas mark, e.g. preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
- Include dish/tin sizes in centimetres, e.g. a 22cm round springform cake tin, a 22 x 29cm casserole dish and whether it needs to be greased/floured.
- Make sure you include cooking times, e.g. bake for 40-45 mins, or simmer for 20-25 mins.
- If appropriate, add a serving suggestion to the end of the recipe, e.g. serve with rice and naan breads.
End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Please make sure your pictures are large and high resolution (300 dpi), as well as being sharp, well-presented and shot in bright natural light if you can. Remember we pay £25 for every recipe we published!
Please attach the following to your email:
- A head-shot of yourself
- 3 PICTURES MINIMUM of your recipe (for example: during making/before plating/plated etc.)
- We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source
- Please refer to a copy of My Favourite Recipes to see how your recipe will look in the end and as a good guide for writing yours up.
- Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems.
- Don't forget to attach a picture of yourself and your finished dish!